ATTENTION, NEW CUSTOMERS!
Hello! Hopefully you found us by researching new checking accounts in the area. If you did, we’ve done the first part of our job well. But we need to keep the momentum going!
We’d like to introduce ourselves: We’re Andover State Bank. We’ve been banking in the area for more than 100 years. Owned and operated locally, we live in the communities where we work. Everyone says banking has been commoditized, that everyone offers the same products. Like our competitors, we offer checking, savings, certificates of deposit, mobile banking, and a whole host of financial products. But we do more.
Here are things we offer that they don’t:
1. Relationships. We get to know you so that when you call or come into the bank, we’re already on a first name basis.
2. We don’t have a call center. When you call, you get a person. And the person you get is trained to reset your passwords for online accounts, check your balances, and talk about the Shockers game.
3. Real people. After you open an account with us, you might have questions about downloading our mobile app to your smart phone. Come in! Sit down at one of our desks. We’ll take you through it step by step.
4. We understand your life is busy, complicated. We’ll work with you and around your schedule to accommodate your financial needs.
These aren’t all the things we offer, but we think these things are essential to community banking.
So now let’s put you in the driver’s seat. Assume you’re here for personal checking. Here’s what you need to know—the basics, the essentials:
We’ll need a current copy of your driver’s license. Ideally we’d like that to be a Kansas Driver’s License with your current address
1. If you have an old address on your identifying document, we’ll ask you for a credit card statement or a utility bill that verifies your new address.
2. The rest of your identifying information we will verify through CheckSystems and other resources our policy requires us to use to verify you.
Opening a checking account, if you’re new to Andover State Bank, takes about thirty minutes. Some of our pros can do it faster, but block off around 30 minutes. This gives us time to get to know you, collect the information we need to satisfy our quality control team, and review the bank’s terms and conditions.
We’re happy to send information to a PO Box, but we also need a physical address on file.
Other important notes:
1. We have two locations. The one in Andover, 511 N. Andover Rd, can issue instant debit cards instantly.
2. Otherwise, debit cards take 7 to 10 business days to arrive.
The process is simple. We’ll collect basic identifying information, get you set up, and have you banking with us in no time. If you’re from out-of-state, expect a bit more time while we discuss options to verify your address.
After reading this post, we hope you decide to bank with us! Drop by. We’re super friendly; some of us think we’re really funny; and we love community banking!
We hope to see you soon.