Join Us For 50 Years of Greater Andover Days with Fireworks in Andover Central Park!September 26th, 2017
We’re so excited! Are you excited? We’re excited! When we look out our windows today we see gray skies. When we left home this morning we felt a chill in the air. This means Greater Andover Days are upon us. And this is a special year because Greater Andover Days turns 50 and Fabulous! Happy birthday, GAD!
For decades, Andover State Bank has sponsored the Greater Andover Days fireworks show, and we’re excited to do so again this year! Be at Andover Central Park by 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 30, to watch us light up the sky! And keep an eye out for us earlier in the day during the Greater Andover Days Parade, which begins at 10 a.m. It’s going to be a blast!
Today we see why Andover is better together. The statistics below, furnished by the Andover Convention and Visitors Bureau, show why.
- Andover is one of the fastest growing cities in Kansas—its population has skyrocketed 52 percent since the turn of the century.
- With one of the best school districts in the state, the Andover school system regularly exceeds the minimum standards for student performance.
- Today Andover boasts a 115,000 square foot, full-service YMCA replete with an outdoor aquatic park and childcare facility.
- Kansas Medical Center, a private state-of-the-art general hospital, serves the greater Andover area.
- Andover residents have an estimated median income of $77,500, with an average age of 33 years old.
- The average Andover home prices between $175,000 and $450,000.
And these are but a few of the statistics that highlight the strength of our community. Numbers fail to show something we all know: We’re a community together. Today our bank lobby sometimes acts as a community center, where we get to watch neighbors bump into neighbors before they find themselves in age-old chats about their families’ latest vacation or an update on kids or parents or spouses. We see this and it makes us smile. Why? Because we get to be part of a community that sets the standard for the definition of community.
So again, happy birthday, Greater Andover Days! Fifty looks good on ya! To learn more about Andover State Bank’s involvement with Greater Andover Days, read about our history at www.100yearsofASB.com. For more information about GAD’s 2017 Schedule, click here.